Thursday, May 19, 2011

Roots in my Face

After a few new city-scapes, a new drawing of a fish wearing glasses armed with a gun, and a 16" x 16" painting that belongs in my "concept" series that I just finished a couple hours ago (still have yet to upload a pic of that on the internet), I am ready to move on to the next idea!

But before I do, I thought I would make a post about finding inspiration in nature, something that my blog needs a little more of... there is only one "plants" label on here so far.

Plants can be inspirational from their unique qualities and their many bizarre forms can act as gateways to new ideas.

Beauty is not just on the outside. Even plant roots can be beautiful. What is normally hidden from our view grows right at our eye level with this plant.


It is known as Curtan Ivy or Princess Vine. You can read the description below (click for a larger view).


They feel waxy and smooth...


I love the gradation from the green leaves to the red tips of the roots. From afar, its like a curtain of hair, or a curtain of veins!

2 comments:

  1. This is actually pretty amazing. Glad to see a post like this. Reminds me that i need to get out a little more, and refuel my imagination engine with simple beauty outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice article i recall visiting the Botanicle Garden of Singapore with this in mind. Can you please inform me with the growing conditions necessary for ultimate growth and care?

    ReplyDelete